Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ??

2 posters

:: TECHNICAL :: SECURITY

Go down

ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ?? Empty ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ??

Post by Lakshma Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:13 am

Hi all..
Here is the Problem.

Two days back, while monitoring internet usage, we observed one of ADSL Internet usage is very huge. By checking the settings of the ADSL Router, we are guessing some one is hacked, and the router using from their end. This assumption is bcz of router settings are not under controlled. Every thing modified.. So just deleted all the settings and restored default settings. Even Wireless is disabled, considering if any security threat or some one accessing the net from outside.... So..The passwords ( login and authentication ) and LAN Ip's we modified.

So every thing was fine yesterday.. as new settings were applied. But now the problem is the Default Gateway of that ADSL router is not able to ping. It giving request timeout. Just cross-checked the cable from router to switch, switch to pc. All are perfect. But the strange thing is i can access the internet only if i connect the router output to single pc.

Any bandwidth monitoring tools for checking only http and ftp usage in the LAN or any application specific usage? I have tried to use solarwind and opmanager but unable to configure... I never used those..

Can any one help me out..?? This is the serious issue for me... Is it possible to hack the ADSL router ? Or some one may be downloading in the Intranet ??

Thanks in Advance..
Laks

Lakshma

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ?? Empty Re: ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ??

Post by Stef shadows Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:15 am

yes Laks it is possible to hack into the adsl router .. if iam not wrong you must be using a bsnl link i guess ... or for that matter anything can be done ... do you know the usage of angry ip scanner ... if not just google it .. it is only born to give away the passwords and usernames of the candidates of bsnl ... i used it long back.... if it is a bsnl one i would suggest you to ring them up and take your portal id and change the password to a real complex ....

it would suggest you to follow the site and look for the following search

hxxp://www.metasploit.com

Stef shadows

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ?? Empty Re: ADSL Router down, Is it possible to Hack ADSL Router ??

Post by Stef shadows Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:16 am

the common ADSL routers such as stupid speedtouch gives you a link to its control panel if the internet is down or during authentication problems, once you click on this link you get open access to the ADSL router or modem, if you didnot configure a password, any user sitting on the lan after having trouble to the internet clicks this link and may access the control and can either intentionally or unintentionally misconfigure the modem settings. other similar routers are also giving same options or atleast an open http access by default to their setting screen

Stef shadows

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakshma Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:17 am

Thankz for ur help !! lol!

Lakshma

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: TECHNICAL :: SECURITY

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum