Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lab Setup, Setting up a fairly simple CCSP lab

2 posters

Go down

Lab Setup, Setting up a fairly simple CCSP lab Empty Lab Setup, Setting up a fairly simple CCSP lab

Post by Michael Corleone Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:38 pm

I need help setting up a simple CCSP lab. I want to get all the basic equipment needed to pass the CCSP exams. (Well, do a bit of pratical lab work).

I only currently have CCNA and so I'm a little shaky about buying gear because I haven't had that much exprience.

From what I understand, I need:
- Any 2x 1700 or 2600 series router (Not sure what IOS and how much memory is needed).
- A Windows 2003 Server (Used to run the ACS).
- A PIX firewall of some sort.
- A Cisco based switch.

Is that everything I need?
My main questions are:

Number 1. Are those routers good enough to run all of the CCSP based stuff (AAA, ACLs and such) or do they need a certain amount of memory? and what IOS is best to learn on?

Number 2. Will any switch do? or will I require certain models with certain IOSs and memory?

Number 3. Will any PIX firewall do?

Number 4. Am i missing anything else?

Please, any of those questions answered would help.

MC

Michael Corleone

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Lab Setup, Setting up a fairly simple CCSP lab Empty Re: Lab Setup, Setting up a fairly simple CCSP lab

Post by kkumar Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:39 pm

I would highly recommend looking into a software based setup, such as hxxp://www.gns3.net/ GNS or Dynamips. These are great tools that are available to you for free! But it is important to be aware of what the different models and series switches/routers/asa's look like in person, so be sure to Google images or browse cisco's site so you can recognize these devices in the real world.

Hope that helps!

kkumar

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down